Pineapple Carrot Cream Cheese Muffins: Make & Take
What You Need to Get Going:
Mixing Bowls/ Spoons
- 1/4 cup olive oil or a neutral flavoured oil
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 14 oz crushed pineapple slightly drained
- 1 cup whole grain spelt flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups grated carrot about 2 medium carrots
- 1 1/2 cups fresh/frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Recipe Credit: Mama’s Friend @ That Nutrion Lady.com
” Put it All Together” Make it YOUR Own Options
Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C. Grease your muffin tins and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together 1 can of slightly drained crushed pineapple, 2 eggs, ¼ cup of olive oil, and ½ cup brown sugar. Add ½ cup oat bran, and whisk again.
Add 1 cup spelt flour, ½ cup all purpose flour, 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder, ¾ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon ground ginger over the top.
Lightly whisk the dry ingredients together, then switch to a wooden spoon or spatula and stir into the wet ingredients until just combined.
Add 2 cups grated carrot and ½ cup chopped walnuts, stirring to distribute evenly through the batter. Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
Bake for 30 min, rotating the tins half way through. The muffins are done when a sharp knife inserted into the center has only a tiny bit of batter clinging to the sides
Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin tins, then gently release the muffins from the tins, and Let Cool!
- MAMA”S Take: Your littles don’t like blueberries substitute with coconut, rasberries or pomegranite!