super Blueberry Porridge
Quinoa ; Blueberries are a Powerful 1-2 Punch Super Food for babies! Quinoa can be safely introduced to babies daily meals safely at around 8-10 months. Quinoa is a nutrient rich food. By adding blueberries, you compliment the quinoa rich nutrients by adding a touch of natural sweetner and the “Super” Power of Antioxidents, Fiber, Vitamins
- 1 Cup of Finely Ground Quinoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries par boiled and carefully mashed
- Measure 1 cup of water on the stove to boil.
- Measure 1 cup Quinoa Powder into your blender. Grind well, for about 2 minutes. (it’s going to be very loud, but it’s important to let the blender grind the brown rice down) If you have a coffee grinder, you may find it works better than a blender. Do not use a food processor as it does not grind grains well.
- When the water starts to boil on the stove, turn the heat down to the lowest setting.
- Sprinkle the ground rice into the water while stirring briskly with a wire whisk.
- Cover the pot and keep it on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently with the whisk to prevent scorching on the bottom and to remove lumps.
- Let cool
Credit: Ruth Yarin Super Baby Food Author Super Porridge recipe