Take Along Tacos in A Bag
Healthy Homemade Yum on the Run!
total time: 30 Minutes
Servings : 5
Per serving: 207 calories; 10 g fat(2 g sat); 1 g fiber; 16 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 23 mcg folate; 28 mg cholesterol; 2 g sugars; 1,353 IU vitamin A; 15 mg vitamin C; 82 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 327 mg sodium; 123 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (27% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Recipe Credit: EatingWell
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or canola oil
- 8 ounces uncooked ground turkey breast
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon water
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 100-calorie packages nacho cheese-flavor tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- ⅔ cup diced tomato
- ⅓ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 5 teaspoons of light or whole sour cream
” Put it together!”
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey breast, onion, and sweet pepper. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Stir in taco seasoning, the water, and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Meanwhile, open the bags of tortilla chips; if desired, gently crush chips. Add lettuce to the bags. Top with cooked turkey mixture, tomato, and cheese. Top each with a teaspoon of the sour cream. Use a fork to mix together and eat from the bag.