Healthy Holiday Pops
Prep & Do: 60 minutes
DAIRY FREE – DYE FREE-NATURALLY SWEETENED
Makes 6 Popsicles
- 1 cup strawberries , chopped ( or Rasberries )
- 1 Medjool date , pitted (or 1 tablespoon of Maple Syrup)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon spirulina powder (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
Combine the fresh strawberries, date (or maple syrup), and water in high-speed blender, and blend until very smooth. Pour the mixture into the 6 ice pop molds, using about 1 1/2 tablespoons per mold. Place the mold in the freezer to set for at least 40 minutes.
While the red layer is freezing, combine the coconut milk and maple syrup in a clean blender canister and blend until smooth. Once the red layer is set, add a heaping tablespoon of the white mixture to each mold, making the white middle layer. Return the molds to the freezer.
To the remaining white mixture, add in the spirulina and frozen blueberries, and blend again until smooth. Remove the molds from the freezer and add the blue layer on top, as the last popsicle layer. Insert a popsicle stick into each mold, and freeze until firm, about 4 to 5 hours.
TIPS & Benefits
To remove the popsicles from their mold, run them under hot water for about 10 seconds. This should help the ice pops easily release from the plastic mold. Serve frozen, and keep any remaining popsicles stored in the freezer for up to a month.
* Spirulina Powder helps to fight allergies- alleviate Sinus issues-lowers blood pressure- supports weight loss*
Recipe Credit: The Nutri-Mama