Mango chicken Lettuce Wraps
PREP & Details….
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 8 Minutes
Benefits: Mango is low in calories yet high in nutrients — especially vitamin C, which aids immunity, and iron absorption among other benefits!
Kid Friendly Naturally Sweet & Healthy!
- 2 Tbsps avocado or olive oil
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice from 2 fresh squeezed limes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
For The Wraps:
- Bibb, butter or romaine lettuce leaves or Red Cabbage
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- topping ideas: fresh cilantro, lime wedges
” put it all together”
- Heat your oil in a large skillet or cast iron over medium heat. Add in the chicken and sprinkle with all spices.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown and almost cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in your mango pieces, onions, and drizzle with lime juice and continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until your chicken is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle your chicken with sesame seeds then set aside to cool.
- To assemble your wraps, fill lettuce leaves with your chicken-mango mixture, then top with carrots and cucumber matchsticks as shown.
- Serve with lime wedges & cilantro leaves and enjoy!
Photo/ Recipe Credit: Cleanfoodcrush.com