Recipe Credit: Jodi Danen RDN
sWEET mINI fRITTATAS Kids can do it!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Makes 24 Mini Frittatas or 12 Large Muffin Cups
DID yoU kNOW?
Don’t Worry! Your kids won’t even notice the sweet potato once it blends with the bright orange color of the cheddar cheese!
Sweet potatoes are high in vitamins C and B6 (pyridoxine), minerals potassium, calcium, magnesium, and manganese. They are a great source of fiber and beta-carotene, and have anti-inflammatory properties too!
Make-Ahead and Freeze them for Busy Mornings or a healthy snack on the run!
- 1 small sweet potato, shredded or spiralized
- 10 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup skim milk- -Almond or Coconut MIlk Works Too!
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
mAKE & tAKE!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare muffin pan with muffin liners or use non-stick spray
- Divide shredded sweet potato evenly between 12 muffin cups
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven
- While baking, whisk eggs, milk, and spices
- To baked sweet potatoes, evenly divide spinach and cheese into the muffin tin
- Pour egg mixture on top of baked sweet potatoes, spinach, and cheese
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set