“pOWER uP” PEPPER RINGS
A veggie powered alternative to ” Eggs in A Bread Basket! Super Simple…Kids Can Do It Too! * Adult Supervision is required for cooking*
For this recipe, it’s important to crack the eggs into a bowl first. If one breaks, simply mix it well with the fork and pour the scrambled egg into the pepper. It’s just as good that way! Also, sometimes you break the egg perfectly but it runs outside the edges of the pepper — It’s All Good! There are no mistakes in cooking just lessons learned!
GET READY! What U Need-
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Cup or mug
Tongs or heatproof spatula
1 bell pepper (any color you like)
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 large eggs
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Get To It! ” Power UP”
- Put the pepper on the cutting board and cut the middle portion horizontally into 4 rings, each about 1⁄2-inch thick. Remove the seeds and the spongy veins. (Eat the top and bottom of the pepper, or save it for a salad.)
- Put the skillet on the stove and set the heat to medium. Add the oil and when it is hot, carefully add the bell pepper rings and cook until they lose their bright color, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully, using the tongs, turn the rings over. Crack 1 egg into a cup and pour into 1 ring, very slowly and carefully, allowing it to fill the outlines of the pepper. (If some leaks out or spills over, don’t worry!) Repeat 3 more times.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and cook until the whites and yolks are set, 3 to 5 minutes, carefully flipping the eggs halfway through cooking. Serve right away.
- Top each egg with a Spoonful of Salsa